International Potato Center POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT Ref.: 2022/02/NRS/CCCAP
HR Analyst and Translator
The International Potato Center (CIP) is seeking to recruit a dynamic and experienced HR Analyst and Translator. The duties include supporting the whole employment cycle (recruitment, onboarding, development, retention, separation) and administrative tasks to ensure the smooth operations of the office. Additionally, the selected candidate will also support on the translation of written documents from Chinese into English and from English into Chinese; and serve as Interpreter for the Country Liaison Scientist.
The Position: This position will report to the Operations Officer and co-report to the Sr. HR Business Partner and be based in Beijing, China
Human Resources (40%):
· Provide timely and effective recruitment, including job posting, assisting with interviews and issuing employment contracts and induction programs;
· Support staff in solving HR issues and help them to interpret and apply HR policies and practices in day-to-day work;
· Partner with the local outsourcing company to recruit temporary workers for the CCCAP Yanqing campus;
· Coordinate GRS and dependents work-permit extension and renewal in China;
· Compile and maintaining physical and electronic employee records, including annual leave days;
· Assist with the documentation of employee compensation and benefits;
· Advise with staff on learning and development requests and inquiries;
· Lead and support the ending of employment process;
· Ensure compliance with local labor laws and hosted centers and internal policies.
· Provide support to logistics operations, following standard processes and ensuring effective service delivery;
· Register and maintain a logistic database in the corporate system for successfully tracking information;
· Support the team on the logistical of events when needed;
· Responsible for the coordination of IT issues with headquarters, serving as IT Key user;
· Act as Risk, Security and Safety focal point to ensure the health and safety of all staff.
Support the translation of documents from Chinese to English;
Frequent business travel might be required to assist with consecutive and simultaneous interpretation services.
· Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Psychology or related field.
· At least 3 years of experience required in a similar position.
· Proven expertise and ability to provide support related to Recruitment, Onboarding, and diverse HR functions.
· Knowledge of HR policies, principles and processes.
· Proficient in MS Office
· Frequent travel to Yanqing office in a monthly basis.
Excellent written and oral communication skills in English as part of the job will be to serve as a Translator. Additional Certificate of Proficiency in the English Language (e.g., TOEFL, IELTS) is a plus.
· Maintain highest level of Integrity and confidentiality.
· Collaborate with teams and communicates with key stakeholders.
· Excellent client orientation – helping people to achieve their unit’s goals.
· Detail oriented and good organizational skills.
Why should you consider this opportunity?
· CIP is a global and reputable international organization that has a strong, state-of-the-art R&D background.
· CIP is dedicated to achieving food security, improved nutrition and well-being, and gender equality for poor people in root and tuber farming and food systems of the developing world.
· CIP is a member of the CGIAR, a global research partnership for a food secure future dedicated to reducing poverty, enhancing food and nutrition security, and improving natural resources.
What are we offering?
· Excellent working environment.
· Work in an equal and diverse workplace.
What are the conditions?
The position is Nationally Recruited Staff (NRS) position limited to Chinese nationals and permanent residents only. The employment contract will be for two years (with a 2-month probation period) possibility of renewal, subject to the availability of funding.
How to apply?
Visit the following link: http://cipotato.org/open-vacancies/ and submit your cover letter and a full C.V. with your references. Screening of applications will begin on 03 October, 2022 and will continue until the post is filled. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
This position WILL NOT have contact with children or vulnerable adults
Learn more about CIP by accessing our website at http://www.cipotato.org .
CIP is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are particularly encouraged to apply.